Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SiliCon, Etsy & Spore

SiliCon
Updates on SiliCon: I’ll be participating in the following panels & workshops.

Standing out in a sea of Awesome: Marketing for Artists
Saturday, October 4th, 2008
11:30 am - 12:45 pm in Monterey Room

One of the most important things for artists is getting your name out there but how do you do that and what on earth are art directors looking for? This workshop covers how to make mini promo books, promo sheet, post cards and why their important.

Digital vs. Traditional Art
Saturday, October 4th, 2008
2:30 pm - 3:45 pm in San Carlos Room

Some artists are doing all their work digitally. Others work with paint and canvas and/or air brush. Most use some combination of tech and techniques. Working artists talk about what they like and what they use.

Etsy
For those of you who didn’t read last week’s post the KatGirl Studio store is now open! Because it’s our Grand Opening the first 28 people to buy a print or Giclée get a free surprise print. Also in the coming weeks I will have some brand new special items up that I am currently working on. Curious to know what they are? Well you’ll just have to keep checking out my store to find out. If you’re also on Etsy drop me a convo I’d love to hear from you! TheBeadedPath just added me to their treasury take a look.

Spore
I waited over 3 years and now it’s finally here! I was watching the Discovery channel(my fav channel) on Saturday and saw the Spore special they were playing spliced with an animal’s of the future show. Apparently this was the show he saw that inspired him to make Spore. So on Sunday we ran about trying to find a store that had copies of the game. We ended up at Fry’s where they had a nice little display table with all the different collections you could choose for the game. I got the Galactic Edition and Aleric got the art book pack so we got all the special features combine. I had a blast playing the cell part until I saw Aleric playing it and his had much smoother movements and that’s when I learned I had had my settings set to high and now that I set them lower the game runs much smoother. But how awesome is that if it was one the best games I’ve ever played and it was even working right when I played it? I keep toying with the idea of applying to EA since the office that makes all the games of theirs I actually play is just a couple cities over.

No comments: