Tuesday, January 20, 2009

American Pride

Today is a landmark day for many reasons. Like many of you out there I watched the 44th Presidential Inauguration, not because I was supposed to or because someone made me, but because I truly wanted too. For years I’ve watched movies in which the presidents inspire confidence, pride and courage in the people they are speaking too. I always wished those people, those characters could be our real president. But today, for the first time I realized that we do get to have one of those awe inspiring people to lead us. To raise us up one again to the country people dream to come to, to the place that some risk their lives to reach. A place where anyone no matter who they are or where they’re from can be anything they desire to be. Today I am proud to be an American.

Art-a-thon
Today’s piece is the finished version The Color of Snow.

No comments: