Friday, October 3, 2008

SiliCon

KatGirl Studio will be at Silicon starting today! I will be at my table in the artist’s colony when I’m not giving my workshop or in a panel.

Meet the Guests
Friday, October 3rd, 2008
7:30 pm - 8:00 pm in Siskiyou Ballroom/Donnor Pass Ballroom


Standing out in a Sea of Awesome: Marketing for Artists
Saturday, October 4th, 2008
11:30 am - 12:45 pm in Monterey Room

One of the most important things for artists is getting your name out there but how do you do that and what on earth are art directors looking for? This workshop covers how to make mini promo books, promo sheet, post cards and why their important.

Digital vs. Traditional Art
Saturday, October 4th, 2008
2:30 pm - 3:45 pm in Monterey Room

Some artists are doing all their work digitally. Others work with paint and canvas and/or air brush. Most use some combination of tech and techniques. Working artists talk about what they like and what they use.

I’ll be offering the same images that are in my store at SiliCon so if you’re planning on attending save yourself the shipping and just pick one up there. If you are attending the con and want one of my images as a print and it’s not one of these please email me and I can see about making one for you. I will also be offering some buttons and maybe a few other goodies as well. So come by and ask me whatever you like or just say hi.

Today’s Feature Artisan
Zygopsyche

In need of a cute furry face to brighten up your office desk or con table? Why not stop by Zygopsyche.

Over at Zygopsyche cute little bunnies and guinea’s stare up at you from round fluffy faces. Just staring at them makes me smile but I’ve always had a soft spot for plushies and have many adorning my studio. Zygopsyche’s creatures are crafted out of plush faux fur and are stuffed with a super soft down alternative polyfill to make them extra hugable. So if you’re in need of a Friday pick me up why not pick one up at Zygopsyche.

No comments: