Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Moving Along

Sorry about the lack of blog last week life sometimes gets in the way. I had an extremely hard week and I’m trying to move past it and continue on with my life. I really don’t want to elaborate so let’s move on.

I went to the Cartoon Art Museum on Saturday to see the Totoro Forest Project Exhibit. I was amazing to see the sheer amount of pieces there and to know that’s only half of it. They even have an original signed Hayao Miyazaki hanging among the other amazing works. Sadly the books for the show had sold out before I got there and I was tragically sad. The rest of the exhibits were cool too, I got to see original Bill Watterson (Calvin & Hobbes) and Charles Schulz (Peanuts) comic pages. While I was in the city the Blue Angels were zooming around because it was Fleet Week. It’s very disturbing to hear the sound of jet planes bouncing off the tall buildings.

I’ve been working on some knew portfolio pieces for my environment and character design section. Here are some environment studies for Stalking the Elusive Quetzal my story project featuring Xcaret the Margay.

No comments: