Wednesday, August 26, 2009

KatGirl Studio Equipment

Because a lot of people have asked me in the past and at the conference here is a list of all of the equipment I use. If you have any questions about any of these items, how to use them or the best places to get them please always feel free to ask me.

Computer: I have an upgraded Dell Inspiron 6000 with a frosted monitor.

Programs:
I use Photoshop CS3, Painter X for art and Flash CS4, Illustrator CS4, and Dreamweaver CS4 for my website.

Tablet: I have a 9x12 Wacom Intuos 3 tablet. They are no longer available since they have the new Intuos 4.

Monitor Calibration:
I use the Spyder 2 Pro color calibration software by Datacolor. Once again they no longer make 2 because they have moved on to the Spyder 3 Pro.

Printer Calibration:
I have a PrintFix Pro also by Datacolor.

Printer: I use the Canon Pixma Pro 9000 and 8 color dye-jet 13x19 fine art printer. I use it for all my printing except for business cards & postcards. All my portfolio pieces, mini books, and the book dummy I had at the conference where printed on this printer.

Printer Paper: Although they make many shiny papers for the Pixma I use the Matte Photo paper for most of my printing because it has a nice velvety look to the art. It also comes in 4x6 and 13x19 size or you can get the Premium Fine Art Matte paper honestly they are pretty much the same. I print my Giclee’s in my shop on 13x19 100% Cotton Hahnemuhle Photo Rag paper.

Mat Cutter: I use a Logan 650 Framer's Edge Mat Cutter.

Drawing Paper: All my sketches are done on Canson Tracing Paper and then I trace a clean copy onto a piece of Canson Vidalon Vellum.

Drawing Materials: For all non-photorealistic pieces I draw I use .5 dark blue Uni Color mechanical pencil lead. It’s made by Mitaubishi but the only place I know of to get it as at one of these stores. My mech. pencil is a PaperMate Pro Touch II.

No comments: