Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Computer Crash and Pixar Portfolio

Computer Crash
This past Saturday I went to turn on my computer and found that it had suffered a PBR 2 system boot failure. I was frantic because I was in the middle of backing up my portfolio work for my Pixar submission. I called my dad who was nice enough to spend all weekend and Monday fixing my computer. Luckily none of my files were damaged and he was able to transfer everything off so he could wipe everything. I am truly lucky to have a computer engineer as a father because now I sit here in front of my computer and it’s as if nothing happened to it. Thanks dad!

This brings up another point, I have become so computer centric in my day to day life that I really didn’t have anything else to do. So I rented and watched the entire first season of the Tudors, Twilight, the Truman Show, and Sense and Sensibility. As well I washed all of my roommates and my clothes and attempted to pack more boxes until I realized we were out of tape.

Pixar Portfolio
I’ve also been working on my portfolio submission for Pixar Studios. Some of you may remember that a few months back I had the opportunity to visit Pixar. All the work is done and mostly printed out (I ran out of ink with 2 pages left) and should be ready to send on its way tomorrow! After that it’s back to client projects and my book Stalking the Elusive Quetzal.

Here is one of the pieces from the portfolio. The original design was intended for a children’s magazine, unfortunately the company went under and the project was never finished. Since I had already done all this design work it was a shame to let it sit so I painted the character and gave her a new name.

No comments: